I'm sick of fighting -
waging war between who I should be and who I could be.
See, there's this deep calling inside me
demanding something greater, yearning to break the mold.
But I keep being told to do the smart thing, play it on the safe side
work that 9 to 5 for the paycheck
and do my dreaming on the weekend or in the evening.
But nowadays, I just don't know -
I'm not so sure that desk job is all I'm created for.
See if I settle, I'm depriving the world of the greatness inside.
No, I'm not trying to be self-centered,
just self assured enough to recognize the laden potential.
I must go against the grain.
There's so much that must be done,
and, I daresay, my zone of comfort may get a little rough.
But, it's time I stopped flowing with the stream -
Time to embrace the unique gifts deep inside of me.
And, it's okay to wage war
with the person comfort and selfishness say I should be,
'Cause that person doesn't do justice to the passionate, true me.