I absolutely love baking and cooking. Recently, I've noticed how rewarding the whole process is to me. I've come to realize though, that one of the main things I enjoy so much about baking and cooking is the opportunity to share the experience (and product) with others.
See, I can bake a batch of granola and derive satisfaction simply from the process. There's a entire additional layer of reward, however, when I am able to share the product. Truthfully, I find it rather disappointing to bake something and not have someone with whom to share it. And, it's even better if you can share the actual process of creating a meal or treat with someone else.
I've noticed more and more that this is true of virtually any facet of life. Life is better when you can share your experiences - great or small - with others. I've watched myself shy away from relationships from time to time because, let's be honest, they are risky. There's an inherent fear of vulnerability, often rooted in past hurts. Despite this, it's clear that I must continually take on the risks of community in order to experience life to its fullest - life that is full of love.