4.07.2010

breaking free


















I used to crave the comfortable life.

Knowing what was to come put me at ease.

The certainty of every detail was previously sorted out,

And I was so sure that was the way it ought to be.

But now I see that’s the very life that I fear.

It’s one where I know exactly what’s around the bend –

Where I need nothing but reliance on myself,

And life is stripped of all real mystery.


That life looks more like a trap to me now.

It overlooks so much of who I really am

And so much of who I could be.

It limits potential and stifles brilliance beneath.


So, as future meets present reality

I can see that it’s high time my decisions shift

From being chained to stability and predictability

To embracing uncertainty and ambiguity.

In time, I’ll see what it is that all means,

And how this life may break free.