1.07.2010

goals

Most of the time, my mind seems to run at a million miles and hour. I'm an extremely futuristic thinker, so it's rare for my thoughts not to be racing through potential happenings and dreams. At times, it gets a bit overwhelming having my mind churn out so many visions. There is so much I want to do with my life that I realize I cannot possibly do it all.

So then I freeze and focus my time on less involved things. It's not the proper response, I know, but it's often what I do. In essence, I allow my energy and abilities to go down the drain. Somehow, I need to strike a better balance that embraces the constant flow of ideas and focuses upon a handful to live out.

So with the turn of the new year, there will be no hokey, formulaic resolutions for me. Just real goals and challenges based around my visions of the future. These aren't senseless things or trivial habits that will fade through the cracks. They're the kind of goals that will fill me with simultaneous fear and excitement, the kind that build character, the kind that really transform life.