8.17.2012

perspective


Flipping the pages of my journal from recent months, I came across a little list I'd crafted – bits of advice, wisdom and perspective from my projected older self.

I highly recommend taking a few minutes to imagine what your older self might wish to say to your current self. It delivers a healthy dose of perspective.

Here’s what I jotted down:
  • Enjoy this present moment.
  • Spend as much time as you can with your family.
  • Take time off.
  • Take advantage of your youth and health.
  • Go to the event, new destination or place of interest.
  • Don’t worry about what everyone else thinks.
  • Be vulnerable, and let down the walls.
  • Don’t belabor every little decision.
  • Color outside the lines.
  • Don’t save endlessly for someday – it is now.
  • Observe the “Sabbath,” and embrace rest regularly.
  • Don’t worry; God always provides.
  • Do what you love with the people you love.
  • Be flexible, and open yourself up to adventure.
  • Speak with positivity, and encourage others.