These are the lyrics for a song I wrote with Amy and Maggie last summer about the release of the desire to know and control the future. If I ever figure out how to post a song on here you might just get to hear a rough recording...
Maybe I’ve held on too long
Maybe I failed to see
The truth behind it all
The way you really saw me
Maybe it’s for the best
Maybe I should let go
I wish I could see the future
Just so I could know
Maybe I dreamed too big
Maybe I failed to be
More like the status quo
And less like me
Maybe it’s for the best
Maybe I should let go
I wish I could see the future
Just so I could know
But perhaps that’s what the future is
The weight of uncertainty
Is, in fact, an element of beauty
Oh, an element of beauty