I mean, come on -- I live in L.A. This place isn't remotely practical. For someone with an embarrassing affinity for security and efficiency, settling down here is more than a little humorous. I don't even work in entertainment.
Yet, this place challenges me in incredible ways and provides fertile grounds for growth. In other environments, my challenges would be far more manageable. Here, each day is a declaration - I choose faith. I choose to believe that life is far more beautiful, far more meaningful when I don't obsessively hold the reigns of control.
From Erwin McManus' Uprising -
The choice to pursue faith isn't a natural one. Yet, I'm learning to value the life that stretches far beyond the realm of what is known. Each day, I remind myself to recalibrate the messages controlling my mind and debunk the myth that my chief pursuit in life should be security in all things. Beyond my zone of comfort, I find real growth and significance.When we keep our challenges manageable, we not only manage our fear, but squelch our faith. One way to deal with our fears is to surround ourselves with security and predictability. We may look courageous when in fact all we've done is minimize our risk.