#1: Define your goals and values.
At first, it may seem like up-in-the-clouds nonsense. Really, who has time to dwell in such abstract realms? There’s a business to run, budgets to watch, clients to please. Or maybe just a life to live, bills to pay, mouths to feed. I mean, in truth, what difference will that make?
All the difference.
Don’t believe me?
Ask the small business owner who is years down the line scratching their head, wondering how they managed to amass a client portfolio that completely doesn’t represent them.
Or, maybe talk to the burnt-out employee in their upteenth job, still dissatisfied and staring at a resume of experience so far from what they dreamed.
In those shoes, it’s a bit easier to see -- it’s hard to stay the course when you never defined it.
I’m not here to sugar coat it. Stepping back to define goals and values takes energy, time and resources. But, I can assure you, taking the time to set a course that authentically represents you makes all the difference in the world. Taking that action will posture you to make your vision a reality.