From this perch where I’m writing, I’m watching a guy eating at True Food.
The waiter asks him if he’d like another drink.
My mind immediately jumps to its own conclusions – Those True Food specialty drinks are pricey and certainly don’t come with free refills. That’s gonna set you back another chunk, dude. Obviously, you don’t need another. I mean, how is something you can down that quickly possibly worth that cost.
And you know what he effortlessly said? Yes.
And, on top of that, he’d like to try a different one.
The waiter tells him a recommendation of his own favorite popular selection, with no additional description. It’s the guy’s first time eating there, and based on my observations he definitely did not study that menu carefully enough to know what the drink consists of.
But, you know what he said equally as effortlessly? Sounds great.
Seriously, dude? You don’t even know what that drink is. What if it doesn’t perfectly align with your own tastes? Then you are down another x amount of money.
Then I hault my own train of thoughts. I decide I like the way this guy lives. He doesn’t have to get uptight about each and every decision. Maybe it’s cause he’s rolling in the dough, but I don’t get that sense. Instead, I just get the sense that he’s okay with living life in a more relaxed state. Take note, and follow his lead, I tell myself.
[disclaimer: this post was actually written the afternoon the other day, so in actuality this dude is not eating at the odd hour of 9:26 pm]