2.06.2010

unfamiliar territory

This life is entering unfamiliar territory.
I'm quite certain I've not been here before.
Moving forward on this path, I cannot see what lies ahead,
But I can tell this life is not to be one of perfection.
I can sense now that it is to be raw and real.

In this life, the realist will rule the dreamer no more.
No, instead there will be an embrace of risk and adventure.
Faith will move to the forefront,
While security may slip into the backseat.
Yes, excitement and anxiety are simultaneously building within me.

This life doesn't merely test new waters timidly.
No, it plunges forward in leaps of belief.
I can tell this life is much different than that I've known before.
This life is defined by more than can be seen.
There is a vibrant, new life just waiting to be seized.

So, fill me with boldness, with faith, with belief.
Erase all semblance of doubt and fear,
So that I may take up the reigns of this life beckoning me-
A radical life, a life that is more true and free,
A life that directly relies on a power beyond me.