12.30.2008

the in between

These are the lyrics for a song I've been crafting over break.

Come running in
The door is wide
An ear waits to listen
A safe place to confide
Pour out your problems
And all your fears
As this heart overflows
Until the burden clears

Dash back out
Shut the door behind
Leave this place empty
And me alone to find
I cared much more than
You ever knew
And now when I’m in need
You’ve escaped my view

It’s the in between, oh
This state of in between must go
It’s the in between, ohhhhh
This state of in between must go

I cannot waste my energy any longer
Not when there are dreams that need to be lived

It’s the in between, oh
This state of in between must go
It’s the in between, ohhhhh
This state of in between must go

Come running in
And you will find
That I have let go
And you’re too late this time